2015 Shinoda Performance Exhaust H-pipe for Mustang GT
Replaces factory resonator
1 Shinoda H Pipe
1 Hardware Installation Kit
DANGER WARNING: Should the purchaser decide to install this exhaust product at home, be warned that pleasure car or light duty truck/van “bumper” jacks are intended for emergency use only. The use of frame contact jack stands in conjunction with a floor jack as main support is highly recommended to minimize accidental dropping of a vehicle while the installation proceeds.
Limitation of liability--Disclaimers: The regulation of emissions production, noise levels and safety standards is undertaken by the federal government, each of the fifty state legislatures, and by many local municipalities, towns and counties.
The manufacturer makes no warranties of merchantability, of fitness for a particular purpose, or that its products are approved for general use, or that its products comply with laws, regulations or ordinances in the states where they may be sold to the ultimate purchaser, the consumer.
The entire risk as to the conformity of this product in any such state and as to repair, should the product prove to be defective or non-conforming, is on the retail purchaser, the buyer, the ultimate consumer of such product and it is not upon the seller, distributor, or manufacturer.
In this connection, retail purchaser, the buyer, the ultimate consumer assumes the burden of the entire cost of any and all necessary service, alterations, and or repair. The foregoing statement limits the liability of the manufacturer.
NOTE: DO NOT TIGHTEN ANY CLAMPS UNTIL THE LAST STEP!!
1) Support the vehicle in a safe manner, using a shop hoist or frame contact jack stands on a level surface. Disconnect the battery cable.
2) You will need to cut out the factory h-pipe/resonator. You may want to remove the entire exhaust. If so, you will need to remove, and re-attach, the o.e. hanger mounts just behind the rear differential and remove from the clamps in front of the resonator (you will need to reuse these clamps). Make your cuts, as shown below. We recommend using a reciprocating saw, cutoff wheel, or hacksaw. Hold up the new X-pipe, account for the tube that will slip fit into the front and rear of the new X-pipe, and mark the area to cut the o.e. pipe after the resonator, approximately 6” behind the welds on the rear of the factory resonator. Then make your cuts after double checking your measurements.
3) Slide the 2) Accuseal clamps over the X-pipe outlets prior to installation, do not tighten at this time, you will need to reuse the oe clamps for the front of the x-pipe.
4) Adjust the X-pipe for the best chassis, suspension, and drive train clearance. Then position the Accuseal clamps into place and tighten. The accuseal clamps should be torqued to 35-45 ft. lbs., the front clamps 35 ft. lbs.
5) Reconnect the battery cable, and start the vehicle and check for any exhaust leaks.
Forword any Questions to Info@TEamshinoda.com
Write Your Own Review